By Charlie Kadado
1. SQUARE (Apple or Android, FREE): Square is essentially your mobile register – who doesn’t like making money on the go? Simply order your free card reader (squareup.com), download the app, and start accepting Visa, MasterCard, American Express, and Discover credit cards. You can organize your products, set your own prices, and keep track of payments. Square takes 2.75% per swipe.
2. EVERNOTE (Apple or Android, FREE): Have you ever come up with a last-minute idea and completely forget it a few hours later? Evernote is absolutely perfect for on-the-go people. This app makes it easy to save your notes, archive them, and access them from your mobile device, phone, or computer. Forget pen & paper – simply pick up your phone, take a photo, type in your notes, and save a keyword or tag. Who knows – your idea might be worth something someday?
3. DROPBOX (Apple or Android, FREE): Remember floppy disks? How about CDs? How about the ever-so convenient flash drive! Forget all this old tech talk. Dropbox allows users to access their account files from any device. But will Google Drive or SkyDrive surpass this up-and-coming new technology? After all, users are looking for two things: convenience and price.
4. EXPENSIFY (Apple or Android, FREE): So, the boss wants to know how much you’ve spent on your recent trip? Organization just became a hundred times easier with this productivity app! Expensify allows you to scan and upload receipts from various business expenses and automatically send these files to your employers. You can even log your mileage (no more ‘overworked, underpaid’ so-called ‘business-trips)!
5. BUMP (Apple or Android, FREE): Face-to-face interaction meets social networking with Bump. Forget printing traditional business cards and distributing them at events. Simply, ‘bump’ your phone with a fellow Bump user and trade contact information, photos, and files. 27 million people are ready to share their virtual business card with you – what are you waiting for?